Long Time Lurker With A Print Issue

B9Creator - Ideas and Discussions
Lloyd Allen

Long Time Lurker With A Print Issue

Post#1 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:41 pm

Hello All,

Been a long time lurker over the years of ownership of my B9C v1.2 Machine. Learned a several helpful tips & tricks, however after several years of successful prints at 50microns with my machine running B9R–4–YELLOW, I have come across an issue.

My prints are starting to curl off the build table. I use Pre–PDMS applied vats from the B9 store, I am wondering if this issue is strictly a User Settings error? Should purchase the Stainless Build Table? Could it be that the base exposure time is too long? Or has the formula changed slightly in this newer batch of Yellow? I have only just started to notice this issue after starting a new bottle of Yellow.

I have attached some photos of my current Printer Settings & a photo of the problem after printing a model. Any info or comments are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Lloyd

Photos:

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Re: Long Time Lurker With A Print Issue

Post#2 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:21 pm

Buy the stainless steel build table makes calibration a breeze.

Start there.

Robert Howle
Dance like nobody's watching!

marios.jewelry.service@gmail.com
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#3 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:08 am

I had similar issues until I sanded down the build table.

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#4 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:01 pm

Get the new stainless build plate and eliminate that part of the equation.
You can sand your original plate which will help adhesion... I reinforced mine with a thick sheet of aluminum on the inside of the platform... then sanded flat...

Lloyd Allen

Post#5 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:29 pm

Buy the stainless steel build table. (- Robert)

Get the new stainless build plate and eliminate that part of the equation. (- Metalcaster)

Thanks for confirming my suspicion. I placed my order, I'll keep the thread updated once I receive it.

I had similar issues until I sanded down the build table. (- Mario)

Interesting, is it the Anodizing of the build table part of the reason why? I mean I've read that the build table can be warped overtime..

Thanks for the Replies,

- Lloyd

RobertW
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#6 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:50 pm

I don't believe anodizing makes any difference in the performance of the table. What IS important is the platform needs to be flat and perfectly parallel to the pdms. When calibrating, if the table lifts up at even one corner during tightening, you'll have problems. If the pdms isn't perfectly level, you'll have problems.

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#7 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:44 am

Actually, A sanded surface helps adhesion Just a bit better then the red anodizing.I tested both ways when people where trying to say aluminum was causing defects in casting. Exposed aluminum poses no problem. Sanding does 2 things... improves adhesion slightly AND shows you where the table surfaces are warped.
If there are any areas that are warped, you will have trouble with your prints.

Just do 2 or 3 passes on sand paper and you will see how OFF the Platform is.

So, the stainless Platform should be a lot better and much more durable.

Lloyd Allen

Post#8 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:56 am

Received my new build table, it definitely has some weight to it! Ran a print, came out perfect. I'll have to test and see if the original build table did in fact warp overtime with sanding. Thanks for all the suggestions/replies.

- Lloyd

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#9 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:54 pm

Keep in mind that it may not be warped but moves from parallel when tightening..

Robert Howle
Dance like nobody's watching!

Return to “General Discussion”