Test Print

B9 Core Series - Ideas and Discussions
kartik

Test Print

Post#1 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:19 am

Dear All,

I have to send a file for test printing to the dealer here for the b9core 550. Would like your help in determining which file should I send. I have downloaded the b9creator software. Created a b9l file with the layout and added supports. The machine I chose for the platform in the software was the 1.2 with 50 microns as there was no b9core mentioned there.

After the supports were added I sliced the file at 30 microns, the level at which I want to test print. Do I take this sliced file and plug it into the usb of the b9core and then begin the printing process?

Please suggest the way forward.

Regards,
Kartik Doshi.

Aaron RMW
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Re: Test Print

Post#2 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:58 am

you may have the wrong software installed. the program for doing layouts for the core models is called "B9 Create", "B9Creator" is for the earlier models and does not have support for the core series.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#3 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:26 pm

The core will not accept the file as stated above. Like said use the "B9 Create" for layout and slicing. The B9 Create software slices all layouts at 10 microns. When sent to the core or moved there by USB then u select the slice thickness for that print session (all are multiples of 10 microns, i.e. 20, 30, 40, 50, and 70 microns).

Robert Howle
Dance like nobody's watching!

RobertW
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#4 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:46 pm

Or just send the layout (*.b9l) file + the .stl file of your test model. It is a simple task for them to import into b9Create, slice it, and then run the *.cpj on the Core printer. They probably check all test files in the Create software anyway (I would), so it's no real imposition for them.

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#5 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:07 pm

Just send them the STL that is all they need along with your request to slice at 30
Don't make it so hard on yourself.
Unless you plan on buying one wait to get the model back.

In addition I don't think you can download the B9 Core Software unless you're either a B91.1/1.2hd user or a B9 core owner
Matter of fact I don't even think you can use the software unless you're a B9 Core owner.
Correct me if I am wrong Admin.
I'm so far behind I think I'm First !!

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#6 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:24 am

You can download and preview the B9 Create software here:

https://www.b9c.com/support/documentati ... e-software

Fill out the form and submit.

Robert Howle
Dance like nobody's watching!

kartik

Post#7 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:02 am

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. I was waiting for a mail with the reply and did not know that my queries were already answered. Thanks a ton for the replies. Downloaded the software and created a file with supports. Have to send across for testing the results.

Regards,
Kartik Doshi

Return to “General Discussion”