Replace projector d912hd

- Operation
- Troubleshooting
ROSITAGIOIELLI
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Replace projector d912hd

Post#1 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:50 am

Hi friends, as posted I had some serious problems with my D912 hd, one is on the power supply internal the projector, so the projector doesn't switch on and second among the lensis there are some debris, and for this reasons I'd like to buy Chooch's silicon gaskets but I don't know if there are also for the 912 hd. I wonder is it possible to clean the lenses? the operations are similar as that show in the Chooch's pdf for the d535 projectorhttp://www.b9c.com/downloads/D ... ctions.pdf
So very probably if is more convenient to replace the old projector with a new one. I'd like to know what I have to do for transform the new projector in one able to work in the b91.2 Do you think it is possible to use only Chooch gaskets or do I have to change anything else? and where is possible to buy the components for replace it in the new projector
Thanks very mutch in advance Sergio http://www.rositagioielli.it
rositagioielli@gmail.com
w.app+393470668715

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Re: Replace projector d912hd

Post#2 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:30 pm

Did u try to buy the projector from B9. The ones they have are already modified for the 1.2.

Just asking.

Robert Howle
Dance like nobody's watching!

ROSITAGIOIELLI
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#3 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:40 am

Dear Robert, I live in Italy and the transport expenses are very high for me is better may be first try to fix the power supply unit of my projector by the assistance center, second I'd like to clean the lenses from the inside dust became by the previous broken lamp. first I would try to fix the problem of the power supply and then clean the lenses internally, so I would like to know how to disassemble them to clean them. If all this is not possible and I have to buy a new projector, I wanted to know if I can recover the modified pieces from the old one and know what these pieces are.
Thank you

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#4 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:06 pm

As far as I know the spacer (changes focal length) and gasket (to keep out dust) are the add on parts done at the factory. The closest dealer to you may be the two in Spain. Maybe they can assist you. Look at "Global Dealer Network".

Robert Howle

ROSITAGIOIELLI
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#5 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:15 pm

Thanks robert but is it isn't possible to have these notice by the fabric? I tried to contact the assistance but in the assistance mask request the serial number of my printer where can i find it in order to have assistance?

ROSITAGIOIELLI
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#6 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:43 am

I posted in the forum my problems about my d912 hd projector.
Possible nobody can help me?
I'd like to know how is possible clean the lenses or if I have to change the projector I have to buy from you (where?) or I can use the parts of the old for modify a new one.
That's all till to now no answer, for assistance ask the serial printer number I ask where is it NO ANSWER!!!
Very good customer care!

brumbaer
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#7 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:38 am

You can remove the lens and clean it. As far as I remember you can access the optical-system from the front without taking the projector completely apart.
If the resin is still liquid it should be no problem, if it hardened you might be in trouble.

If you find a replacement of the same type for your projector, obviously you can take out the gasket and distance holder from your old projector and put it in your new projector. It's relatively easy to access - if you removed the optical system for cleaning, you will have seen it.

If the gasket doesn't fit, because you use a different projector type, you can cut you're own gasket from "rubbermat" or print one with an elastic resin. I used a resin from Spot-A when I switched the 1.0 projector to a DH910 - works for two years now.

When you choose a different projector, choose one from Vivitek, that has the same serial interface, so it can be switched on and off and have it's bulb hours read by the B9 controller board.

ROSITAGIOIELLI
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#8 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:21 pm

Dear Brumbaer the problem was caused by the breakdown of the lamp refractory material, which was spilled inside the projector! But as I told not only my projector doesn't switch on and the green led blink continuously, for electronic power supply problem, so the technician sent the projector to Milano where is the vivitek official assistance, I don't know yet if they fix me the problem because is a modified projector, in any case if the operation cost to much, I'm preparing to replace with a new one, so I try to understand if is possible for me take the modified items from the old one.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#9 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:52 pm

As I said before the only modifications are the spacer (which changes the focal length and the ability for the projector to focus more closely on the vat), the other mod is the gasket to prevent dust from getting into the lens system.

I am not sure if the factory removes the uv filter or if it even has one.

Ask support and they can tell u about that.

Save the "spacer ring" and the dust "gasket" from the old projector.

Robert Howle

ROSITAGIOIELLI
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#10 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:15 pm

thanks Robert Till to now the support doesn't reply me, may be because I sent a normal mail. I don't know how read the printer serial number so I can't go ahead in the request of support! Possible?

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#11 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:34 pm

ROSITAGIOIELLI wrote:thanks Robert Till to now the support doesn't reply me, may be because I sent a normal mail. I don't know how read the printer serial number so I can't go ahead in the request of support! Possible?

Take a picture of the back of the projector where the numbers are located and post it here
we will read it for you
I'm so far behind I think I'm First !!

ROSITAGIOIELLI
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#12 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:37 pm

thanks Alaska when the projector will back from the assistance I'll do that

ROSITAGIOIELLI
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#13 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:42 pm

I'm still wait the projector from vivitek center, and till to now, nobody of the b9 staff gave me any kind of assistance, in the matter of replace and modify a new vivitek,
Great assistance thanks

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Post#14 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:14 am

We offer replacement projectors. But if choose to buy your own and do your own modification (which is fine), please understand that we have no support for that. If you ask a specific question then we can try to answer, but we don't have any kind of guide for the overall procedure as we feel it's not something the average user should attempt.
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

Return to “Hardware”