PROJECTOR LAMP REPLACE

- Operation
- Troubleshooting
ROSITAGIOIELLI
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

PROJECTOR LAMP REPLACE

Post#1 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:00 pm

Hi people! After 633 Hrs of work my lamp projector died :oops: so the green power led blinking continuosly. I replaced the old bulb with a new one buyed on internet 76 euro, as spare lamps for the D 912 Hd projectors. Outside the lamps look the same but the id numbers on the lamps are differents: the old one is 3246L78P Re6
the new one is 6391N33T RK4 So now the green power light doesn't blink on the print start but after 1o/15 layers the print stop and appear one error message to check the connection etc. etc.
I wonder this issue could depend by the different id on the lamp?
in attached the old and new lamps pics
Ps
somebody told me that the problem is that the projector born to work in horizontal position, instead it does work in vertical and that cause overheating problem and for that the ceramic back protection of my old lamp broken just after only 633 hrs of works. Is it possible
The tragics is that now I can't work what do you suggest me?
Thanks and Ciao Sergio
Original lamp.jpeg
new lamp1.jpeg
new lamp 2.jpeg

Matt
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Re: PROJECTOR LAMP REPLACE

Post#2 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:07 pm

What is the actual error message that shows?

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#3 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:01 pm

Do what the message said and unplug and plug all back. Has happened to many of us over the years. Don't think it has anything to do with the bulb. At least I don't think it does.

Robert Howle
Dance like nobody's watching!

ROSITAGIOIELLI
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#4 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:53 am

Thanks Robert, I did it many time (disconnect and reconnect switch off the pc etc. etc.) but nothing.
yesterday evening I tried to made for tests a very small pieces as a cube 2x2mm tall 1mm and the b9 did it! than i tried with my model that take 3 hrs and half and.... miracle the b9 did it completely. This morning I made a similar pieces and after few minutes stop again and appear as the usual this error message! I disconnected the projector power cable and I tried to print again the small cube, but as the usual if i reconnect the poer cable within 5 minutes the power green led on the printer start to blink and the projector doesn't switch on, to achieve that must spend more than 20 minutes!
what do you think about?
errore lampada.jpg

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#5 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:26 am

I think u have a bad cable somewhere. I had the same issue when I had my stuff plugged into a bad USB hub. Change some of the cables u are using to tether to the printer and computer, one at a time.

Robert Howle
Dance like nobody's watching!

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#6 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:39 am

I have this happen almost every week. My solution was to put the projector and power supply on an electrical strip with on /off. I turn the projector off at the end of my printing day... or night. Usually, I can print for 2 or 3 days and then it would happen.
So as a security measure, I just turn off the strip before transfering to printing at the beginning of the day. no more problems doing it that way.
For some reason, the projector does not like HDMI cables, so switching to VGA for the projector is best choice .

Also, every bulb that I have bought and replaced has acted differently. On 1 bulb, My msm started at .3 . when this bulb started to take a long time to print, I put a new bulb... The new bulb had to start with MSM of 1.2 or no print ! That is a big difference!

ROSITAGIOIELLI
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#7 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:42 am

Thanks Dan, about the hdmi my video card get only these so I use a conversion plug. and about msm, you suggest me to use the msm to 1 because after change the bulb i left msm to the old value of 1,45!
Ciao Sergio

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#8 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:16 pm

When You change to a new bulb, you must re calibrate the projector ... Start with MSM .5 and adjust according to the calibration grid results

Return to “Hardware”