Test print lifting

- Operation
- Troubleshooting
sziada
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Test print lifting

Post#1 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:34 pm

After fitting a new control board and ball bearing guides and now I'm trying to re calibrate. As you can see from the attached images the print is lifting on the B- minus side and creates a slope in the print. Any help in fixing this problem would be appreciated TIA
Attachments
IMG_3412.JPG
IMG_3411.JPG

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Re: Test print lifting

Post#2 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:21 pm

Your build table is not parallel to the PDMS. Redo the calibration on the build table.

Save yourself a lot of probs and just go ahead and order the new stainless build table and get good calibration with little effort.

It's worth every penny.

Robert Howle
Dance like nobody's watching!

sziada
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#3 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:34 pm

Thanks Robert.

To bad I did not know before hand the freight to Australia is over the top, I could have ordered it with the rest of my gear.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#4 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:38 am

Is the closest dealer to you in Brazil? Maybe they can help u out. Just a thought.

Robert

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#5 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:46 am

Before the new build table I used a 500 gram steel bench block (2-1/4 x 2-1/4 x 3/4) to calibrate my build table. Don't have to press down when using this. Also, when the screws are loose the table must "float" freely in the slots on the black table bracket, so that when it contacts the PDMS during calibration it can align itself properly. Do not overtighten the screws it can cause the table to "creep" out of position. I tighten till they make contact and then a very slight tweek.

Robert Howle

norig@rogers.com
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#6 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:39 am

Try this. Cut a piece of a business card or something of the same thickness and put it between the golden arm and the build table on the side that is lifting.
Attachments
IMG_20170919_082845.jpg

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#7 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:09 am

Hi,
The pieces of paper works when it is just a tiny gap. To get a loose piece like the picture, the Platform has a corner to diagonal corner bend.
Best way to fix this permanently is to cut a piece of 3mm flat aluminum sheet so that it fits inside the platform. Use Epoxy glue on the inside of the platform, then put the aluminum plate inside and clamp it all down onto a flat surface. Allow the epoxy to cure for 24 hours or heat cure it in an oven at 150 oF for 2 hours.
Now sand the red surface flat and you will not have that problem anymore.

However you Can get problems due to the PDMS not being level and flat when you pour your own.
Attached pictures of flattening the platform
Clamped and in oven.jpg
Clamped and in oven.jpg (98.12 KiB) Viewed 556 times
Attachments
After glue dry sanding platform flat.jpg
After glue dry sanding platform flat.jpg (99.46 KiB) Viewed 556 times
#1) cut 3 mm thick  aluminum to fit inside.jpg

KHAILE
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#8 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:55 pm

Just glue a piece a glass to the bottom and sand it. It works.
Attachments
20170911_190959.jpg

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#9 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:21 am

My reasoning for putting the aluminum inside the platform and clamping it down to a flat surface while the epoxy cures is that you can now adjust the side arms which may not be perfect.
When you clamp it flat, the arms may move a little because they were not 100% straight before, due to the warp in the platform.You can now adjust them without flexing the platform.
Putting the aluminum inside the platform allows you to use the exact same settings as the B9 came with as there is no change in the z height.
Sanding the aluminum after doing this makes the resin bond really well to the aluminum.
Glass can be used also, but gluing the glass on the out side may require some z height adjustments if your items loose some thickness due to the extra thickness of the glass.Basically whatever works to get the platform dead flat will be beneficial.
Buying the new stainless platform is the best solution, but if you are overseas, that can get costly.

sziada
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#10 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:13 pm

Thanks everybody for your replies. I will give it one more go with a fresh Vat and a recalibration and then bring out the big guns with your suggestions.

Return to “Hardware”