got me a second hand 1.1 machine replacement needed

- Operation
- Troubleshooting
panastation
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

got me a second hand 1.1 machine replacement needed

Post#1 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:46 am

well got a real bargain on a used 1.1 machine. Everything runs as should exept the zaxis lead screw and motor. I see it is not available in store anymore.
can someone post a link to where i can order one please...thanks

panastation
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Re: got me a second hand 1.1 machine replacement needed

Post#2 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:26 pm

Anybody :?: :D

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#3 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:33 pm

Want to order z screw and motor? Not sure what u are asking.

It is the weekend, one of these users that has messed with upgrading the 1.1 can help u.

Robert Howle
Dance like nobody's watching!

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#4 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:32 pm

Search on Zmotor here on the forum for leads on where they get the replacements.
As for the Z screw there are two of them so the likelyhood of them being damaged is low.
you might search on that too and see what the thread turn is suppose to be and you can buy it from
the screw company that I remember seeing listed here somewhere.

But unless the Z screw is damaged or bent there really shouldn't be a problem with that.
But you want to make sure you add the B91.1 kit from the only thing that B9 supplies for the 1.1 anymore
http://www.b9c.com/shop/accessories/pre ... ooster-kit
I'm so far behind I think I'm First !!

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#5 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:10 pm

I suggest you get the z lead screw disconnected to see if the motor turns.
Does it make any kind of noise? if it does, then probably the 2 main bars are slightly out of alignment and that will cause the motor to make noise, but not work. Also, if it is jammed, It CAN blow the control board on the z drive . Then the motor won't make a sound.
The Z lead screw can be cleaned... If you can turn the motor shaft, while it is not connected to the z, The motor probably works. If it doe not turn by hand, then it may have resin on the shaft stopping the motor from working. You can force it to turn which may loosen the resin... or take the motor apart. they are not complicated.

I think if you emailed B9support, they will tell you the motor number and you can probably buy the motor from the robotshop.com
They can also tell you where to buy the z screw

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#6 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:40 pm

I don't know why but I forgot to say you need to check the bearings on the side guides to make sure they are replaced with a Ball Bearing instead of the original graphite bearings.
good idea suggested to disconnect the z screw to check the motor and also correct that the z screw is most likely not the problem but the alignment of the side rails and bearings.

so you say you got a great deal on it how much did you pay?

panastation
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#7 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:36 am

hi guys
i would need the
https://www.b9c.com/shop/replacement-parts/anti-backlash-nut-z-axis-motor
but for the 1.1 machine not 1.2
the issue is the lead screw is bent unless i can order just that and replace it i would need the motor and screw.
it has been upgraded before....got it for 600 ,, i took it all apart and checked the zscrew will touch the nut if rotated if not it will move up and down rails with no issue. That is until u start rotating it so yeahh needs replace...

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#8 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:59 pm

Hi,
This is the info I found for the Z lead screw.
you have to buy the lead screw and machine it accordingly... pretty easy if you have a small lathe. You can probably order the rod pre-cut at 12inch length.
It is currently listed as 6 feet of rod.

McMaster Carr part No. 6350K133, Cut the 6' rod into 11.125" lengths, turn down 2" of one end and .5" of other end to .248" diameter

You can get the other parts from Mcmaster except the motor...

panastation
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#9 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:02 pm

thanks metalcaster i dont have a lathe.. do u think if took it to metal shop they would be able to straighten it out. the lead screw of z axis.

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#10 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:42 pm

Maybe a metal shop could do it. I fixed mine by finding the bent area and having the rod suspended on the ends and pressing down on the opposite of the bend area...kept turning and checking until it was straight.
If you bought the new one, A machine shop with a lathe could do that quickly.

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#11 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:08 pm

you can go to a place that sells bolts for equipment or most machine shops will have or can tell you where to go and get the replacement
all thread or ready thread rod. They can tell you what the turn is so you can order it if need be but you should be able to match the
threads once you get the thread turn and count.

Return to “Hardware”