50 XY Calibration Print Fails

B9Creator - Ideas and Discussions
pr19939
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

50 XY Calibration Print Fails

Post#1 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:30 am

All,
Here are my first two calibration prints along with measurement sheet. The minus sign in F does not appear at all. Also, the square on the Bottom Right did not form well in my second print. Any help is much appreciated.

Calibration Sheet1.jpeg

Print 1a.jpeg

Print 1b.jpeg

Print 1c.jpeg

Print 2a.jpeg

Print 2b.jpeg

Print 2c.jpeg

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Re: 50 XY Calibration Print Fails

Post#2 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:58 am

The green material may need a slight increase in MSM.
Also, check that the platform is perfectly flat against a piece of glass....
If it rocks even a little bit, then the platform needs to be made more flat... When you tighten the screws on the table too much, this can also warp the platform a little.
If you see scars on the arms of the platform, that may have happened. Get a thicker and slightly bigger diameter steel washer on each screw and that can help overcome the scars on the platform arm

andreas
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#3 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:50 am

add more resin to the vat and increase the settle time in print menu to 7 seconds or more..

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#4 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:50 pm

It does not matter that the vat can move during the grid calibration, it is in the correct position. lateral movement is not important assuming the PDMS is level.

To check for the projector being in the correct yaw position, just look at the grid after zoom and focus. The grid lines should be equally in focus (sharp and crisp) on the left and right sides of the image.

When u make changes on the right side of the print page under "Advanced settigns" and u are ready, just click on "print preview" and begin the print. Just ignore the red warning (it is just a reminder).

If u prefer, u can click on "save custom cycle settings" and use the custom setttings when u like by clickin on "load custom cycle settings". You can change this as offten as u want to.

You should never have to make any changes on the left side (default settings for exposure times). If u make changes here u will overide the software that adjust for such things as lamp life, etc.. The "enable bleed correction" has no effect on the defaut exposure times. The only time to be making changes on that side (left) would be if u are testing/using 3rd party resins.

Robert Howle
Dance like nobody's watching!

pr19939
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#5 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:37 am

Thanks all for inputs. I have tried a few more prints since then and was able to get a almost perfect calibration print. Few things I did are

1. During build table calibration, I held back the building table with a two finger pressure on all four sides (also had a 500 grams weight in the center) and had a friend tighten the screws. This ensured that there is no warping.

2. The projected was a bit off (yaw). I had to use a level-checker to bring it back to the level.

3. I also noticed that the table on which I had set the machine on had an incline (the floor was not level as well). So, I mounted my machine on the wall :)

Thanks
Venkatesh S

Return to “General Discussion”