Yellow at 15 microns?

A lost wax capable resin tuned for 20-50 micron slice thickness
scottkeatingdesign
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Yellow at 15 microns?

Post#1 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:59 am

Has anyone had any luck pushing the layer thickness on the yellow resin? I see that Octave Light was printing at 50 X/Y and 15 Z on their printer. If I try it, should I make any changes to the settings?

Thanks, Scott

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Re: Yellow at 15 microns?

Post#2 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:09 pm

Ask Mike or Matt at Support@b9c.com.

Robert Howle
Dance like nobody's watching!

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#3 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:56 pm

Just remember if you go to 15z most likely you won't see a disernable difference but you will see an increased time to print an object. It could add as much as 50% more print times

Matt
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Post#4 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:26 pm

Just because you can doesn't always mean you should :D The yellow is pigmented for 20-50 microns, so 15 is out of the limits that we have determined for this resin. You can still slice that low, but that is mainly a feature used to give some flexibility to the people who like to test different resins or resin combinations.

Like akgold said, 50xy20z is just going to take longer with no real tangible improvement. If you are doing 30xy20z (versus 30xy30z), you might see a small amount of improvement, but it certainly won't be a 33% improvement, and prints will still be taking longer and therefore using up the PDMS faster.

From my experience, 30xy 25z gives about the best detail and quality.

Return to “B9R-4-Yellow”