v1.0 & v1.1 "Booster Kit"

Official news and updates
mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

v1.0 & v1.1 "Booster Kit"

Post#1 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:32 am

This kit is designed to optimize previous versions of the B9Creator, v1.0 &1.1.

The kit includes:
2 Linear Slide Bushings - These replacement Linear Slide Bushings improve on the original ceramic lined bearings by allowing a smoother vertical travel. These replacement bushings prevent the z-axis from sticking and leaving artifacts in the print. These bushings only require one per side as compared to the two bearings per side needed in the original design.

1 Glass Replacement Filter - This piece of Borofloat glass is used to replace the current UV filter inside the D535 projector bulb housing. The glass allows more UV light through the optics which allows the v1.0 and v1.1 printers to print faster, while still blocking the heat generated by the bulb.

1 narrow sweeper - used for the original acrylic vats used in the 1.0 and 1.1 machines.

2 vat dams - used for re-coating the discontinued metal vats

https://www.b9c.com/shop/accessories/pr ... ooster-kit
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

Atso
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Re: v1.0 & v1.1 "Booster Kit"

Post#2 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:10 am

A most welcome addition! Are the components of the kit available separately? I upgraded the bearings long ago as, I suspect, did a good many other V1.1 users so don't need those bits.

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#3 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:10 pm

Thanks Mike
Unfortunately I have already upgraded bearings as soon as they were shared as a fix
I would be interested in the filter
I also have the short and the long wipers since I have purchased both of the B9 vats alum.(red) and the most recent one you produced last year.

One question is if the filter is replaced with this Borofloat glass have the most recent exposures in the B9sofware been updated to allow for the change?
Right now I am still using an older version of the software because it has worked for me and I didn't want to change to new software to prevent the tweaking once again to get the results i am already getting.

Guess I am just chicken. LOL

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#4 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:41 pm

AK which version are u using?

Robert
Dance like nobody's watching!

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#5 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:50 pm

your going to laugh

I know I know I remember when I pushed you to change from the original version to the newest one way back when??? And you were a computer newbie. You have come a long ways padwan. LOL

I just don't want to change it cause it is working sooooooo goood

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Post#6 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:56 pm

If you use the new glass in a v1.0 or v1.1, you'll need to retune your MSM, it's going to drop from 1.0 to 0.2 or so!
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#7 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:11 pm

Yes it does drop that low... I am running at around .3 ...

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#8 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:33 pm

@Daniel. HOw much does that shorten older (pre filter change) print times?

Robert

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#9 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:02 pm

It's Pretty close to the 1.2 machine.. I was running a 75 xy and recently Swithched it to 100 XY to do large pieces...Problem is the X motor is a bit too weak for 100XY and I have to give it a push all the time...So I have to try and find a more powerful X motor... even if it is a slower motor.
I have to ask Mike what parameters to look for....

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#10 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:46 pm

Are u running the new x motor in the 1.1 machine? Does it only "stick" with large surface area layers? I assume orientation cold help.

Robert

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#11 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:34 am

Basically the 1.1 has been set up to make large parts... There is no room on the platform to change the Orientation and often, the items are large and very thick...so I had to stop using PDMS a while ago as it would gt damaged before the print finished... These prints can take up to 18 hours.
I can make it work by standing there for 18 hours and giving it a push everytime ... or I have to find an alternative X motor. There are plenty of them out there... just need advice on Picking the right one that will work with the software/ board as it is.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#12 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:27 am

Got it. Wouldn't work to set up the 1.2 for large stuff and the 1.1 for everythig else due to the fact that the new filter shortens build time, or would u still have the motor issue with the 1.2.

Robert Howle

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#13 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:03 pm

Motor issue with both... I have both running on FEP now.

hadi
Lurker
Lurker

Post#14 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:29 am

Hello dear mike .
Is it possible to i have one of the replacement borofloat glass ??
because i dont need other parts of booster kit but the new bulb glass is very very important for me to reduce MSM.

and my other big problem is this. i am from IRAN and that because i can not buy any product from U.S market simply .

wish the best for you.

HADI

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#15 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:59 pm

The borofloat glass is used because it has the greatest transparency to light. Maybe a glass company in your area can cut u a piece. I'm sure there must be suppliers in the middle east or Europe.

Robert Howle

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#16 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:57 pm

You can go to any window maker in Iran... they will be able to supply the glass and cut it to the size needed... if they can't , then perhaps they can refer you to someone who can. It is not hard to do.

Return to “Official News and Updates”