Red resin 50 xy 31z?

A lost wax capable resin tuned for 70 - 204 micron slice thickness
sflores@joyeriadeplata.mx
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Red resin 50 xy 31z?

Post#1 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:27 am

Hi. I am in the need of printing some new models I have made for jewelry purposes. I am used to work with cherry resin 50xy 31z... Nevertheless I have ran out of this resin.

I have two old bottles of red resin unused and totally "new".

When the first campaing of kickstarter, red resin was the only available resin shipped with V1.0 machine... I remeber I was printing 50XY and 31z, but I am not sure... I know that specification is for 70z but, does anybody have experience printing with red resin 50xy, 31z? Do I have to add pigments? If so, where do I buy them? I would really love to use this resin but not with 70z since this resolution is useless for jewelry purposes.

I hope you can help me. Thank you!

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Re: Red resin 50 xy 31z?

Post#2 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:04 pm

Set up for 50 xy and 31.75 z
go ahead and use the red by choosing settings for red in the printer settings when you go to print.
It should print ok
but if you have any cherry it would be better to print using a 50/50 mix of cherry and red by weight or by volume. I use 50/50 mix all the time because I have so much of it now I can't justify getting new resin till I need it. I also use the Cherry default settings to print in 50/50 so if the settings for red don't work well try printing using the cherry settings. otherwise you can adjust some of the settings in red or cherry to make them work better.

If you don't have any cherry resin then your going to have to buy a new resin, I would suggest from everything I have read, it would be best to buy the newest Green resin even though you have the bottle of red you can use it for later in the larger ones.
But I know that the red will print with 50xy and 31.75 give it a try first.
Attachments
resin settings.JPG
resin settings.JPG (31.05 KiB) Viewed 1666 times

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#3 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:27 pm

IN the latest software version there are defautlt settings for all the resins offered by B9. Because so many were using the 1:1 mix, Mike created a default material. choose the correct material. Everyone should update to the 1.8 software. There are default settings for all the B9 resins and the 1:1 mix.

Robert Howle
Dance like nobody's watching!

sflores@joyeriadeplata.mx
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#4 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:52 am

Thank you, Akgold and Robert for your help. I will start working with red resin at 50 xy 31.75 z.

The issue is that I do not have any more cherry resin with me... that is why I can not mix it. I am considering in buying black resin and not emerald since I have the need to make molds all the time, therefore i am thinking that I can speed process if I do not cast and I better vulcanize the black resin originals... Well, that is my believe, but I am still thinking if This is a good option for me... If not, I indeed would buy emerald

Do you think my best option would be black resin? What would you do in my case? Once again thank you very much for your help.

:?

Return to “B9R-1-Red”